Friday 9 November 2007

Location, location, location!!


Location, location, location!! Not only is it a highly popular television programme but it’s also one of the most important things in Photography. With so many photographers still using the same old studio layouts for their entire model shoots; I can totally understand the stale nature of model photography in Scotland.

I’ve never minded doing studio based work and still do a lot of it now, where appropriate, but nothing beats getting some new air about your gills and finding somewhere new and cool as a backdrop to images.

Over the winter and into spring of next year I’ll be using a number of rather awesome locations for my photo shoots including some of Edinburgh’s old streets, Edinburgh Dungeons, some of the fantastic Boutique Hotels in Edinburgh, Whisky Distilleries, Disused Farms, dips in the sea and more.

I’m always on the lookout for new and interesting places to use as locations for my photo shoots, of particular interest to me are warehouses, Edwardian houses, minimalist rooms and houses, unique and interesting buildings and much more.

If you have any locations available that you think I may be interested in please drop me an email to tthomson@gmail.com

No comments: