Thursday 11 March 2010

A Real Ballet Dancer

After what seems like 1,000,000 issues and people cancelling on me at the last minute or cutting off their fingers (ouch) i finally managed to get some shots under my belt for my HND Graded Unit.

The lovely Jessica Newell (who also happens to be a Photographer) was willing and able to help me out with some of my crazy ideas and help put what i had in my head onto the sensor :)

The main shot on this post is one of my favourites ever, it is a little softer than i would have liked, but the pose, legs, arms and straight back make it work for me.

these are likely to be printed as alternative processed images using techniques such as cyanotypes or gum bichromates. Much more from this series to come in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

Night Phoenix said...

I hope cutting off a finger is a good enough excuse :P
The photos are marvellous